Holes in TR-4(A) rocker panels

To: triumphs@Autox.Team.Net, brad.kahler@141.com
Subject: Holes in TR-4(A) rocker panels
From: r-james@tamu.edu
Date: Wed, 9 Dec 98 14:22:01
Brad Kahle asks if there are any drain holes in TR-4 rocker panels.

I think mine (1967 TR-4A IRS) has drains.  These are not punched holes,
but small slots formed at the lip between the outer sill and (inner sill?).  The
lip at the bottom consists of two parallel vertical sheets, and one of them
is formed to make a drain "slot"

Viewing the seam from the bottom (or top), you would see:

               inner
         ___________________
         ____          _____
             \________/

               outer (I think)

It's been a while since I looked at them, but I'm pretty sure they are there
as I describe.  You can insert a thin knife blade (or hacksaw blade) up into
them
for cleaning, I suppose.  I expect they are easily plugged up with the stuff
that
"grows" inside the sill cavity.

Regards,
Ray