Re: TR-3A - Stiff steering fixes?

To: triumphs@Autox.Team.Net
Subject: Re: TR-3A - Stiff steering fixes?
From: "Coday Family" <coday@localaccess.com>
Date: Wed, 9 Dec 1998 20:05:23 +0000
Comments: Authenticated sender is <coday@Mail.localaccess.com>
My 3 Bugsy steers pretty hard at slow speed, I am aware that I have
extra friction in the column.  I have the two piece column and
adjustable steering wheel.  There are bushings in the column near the
split area that have bunched up a bit and are in a bit of a bind.
Haven't felt like popping that apart yet to fix, need to do the carbs
and some wiring work first.  You might want to look there for some
extra friction.  If someone else has replaced these felt bushings I
would be interested in the steps and problems encountered.

Cheers,

Geezer