Re: TR6 Clutch Hydraulic Line

To: triumphs@Autox.Team.Net
Subject: Re: TR6 Clutch Hydraulic Line
From: Bristol7@aol.com
Date: Sun, 6 Dec 1998 10:42:42 EST

  In a message dated 98-12-06 03:45:40 EST, Trevor Jordan writes:

 << I have just spent a fun afternoon playing tow trucks.  I went out to
refuel
  and the clutch hydraulics failed as I got to the pump.  It appears to be a
  split in the clear plastic (nylon?) line near the slave cylinder joint.

  Should I simply get a standard replacement or would it be better to get a
  reinforced hose.  I seem to remember some comments on this in the last few
  weeks, but I did not take much notice. >>

   I had the same hydraulic hose on my US Spec.1972 TR6 for
   23 years until it developed a leak about 3 years ago. I figured
   23 years was pretty good service, and I fitted the standard
   replacement hose. Hopefully it will give the new owner of the
   vehicle 20 more years of trouble free service....I sold the 6 last
   year and went to the Darkside of  the Force....Wedges!!!

   Kirk Yonker
   81 TR8 Fi Dhc BOS
   (Opposite of Best of Show)