Re: TR6 Clutch Hydraulic Line

To: tjordan@vic.bigpond.net.au
Subject: Re: TR6 Clutch Hydraulic Line
From: Trmgafun@aol.com
Date: Sun, 6 Dec 1998 08:28:08 EST
Cc: Triumphs@Autox.Team.Net

<< I have just spent a fun afternoon playing tow trucks.  I went out to refuel
 and the clutch hydraulics failed as I got to the pump.  It appears to be a
 split in the clear plastic (nylon?) line near the slave cylinder joint.

 Should I simply get a standard replacement or would it be better to get a
 reinforced hose.  I seem to remember some comments on this in the last few
 weeks, but I did not take much notice.

 Trevor Jordan
 74 TR6 CF29281U >>

Hi Trevor,

My TR6 has this same clear plastic hose.  When I first brought the car home, I
took one look at the hose and figured it was someone's hokey idea of a
replacement.  I ordered a new hose immediately and low and behold, the new one
was the same hose!  I went ahead and installed the new one.  If these have a
tendancy to split, then I'd opt for a reinforced hose.  You could probably
take the old one to your local hydraulic shop and have a new one made up with
SS braid which will hinder expansion, and will probably last a loooong time.

Just a thought....

Scott Helms