Re: Hard clutch pedal TR4A

To: "Russell Messersmith" <krus@worldnet.att.net>, "Triumphs List" <triumphs@Autox.Team.Net>
Subject: Re: Hard clutch pedal TR4A
From: Peter <nosimport@mailbag.com>
Date: Tue, 24 Nov 1998 09:04:46 -0800
One suggestion I have is to not have your foot on the pedal at stop lights.
The pedal is meant to be depressed only for that instant when you are
changing gears. Use neutral and the brake pedal. Saves lots of wear and
tear on lots of parts.
        Second, is this a recent change in feel? Or is this the way it's been
since you've owned the car?
Peter C

At 08:48 AM 11/24/98 -0600, Russell Messersmith wrote:

>I hope some one can help me with this question.   I a 1967 TR4A and am
>experiencing what I feel is a very hard clutch pedal.  It takes a lot of
>pressure to push the pedal to the floor (about 20-30 lbs.). This seems
>quite hard to me, it is difficult to get a smooth start and quite
>uncomfortable in heavy traffic sitting at stop lights.  The pedal seems to
>spring back very hard and fast.  I had a TR3 many years ago and do not
>remember the clutch being this way.  This is so bad that my wife can't
>drive this car.  I have talked to Moss tech help but they did not have an
>answer.  My local British car garage says that is the way it should be(I
>bought the car there).  Any suggestions or help would be much appreciated.
>

>Thanks
>Russ Messersmith
>krus@worldnet.att.net
>1967 TR4A CT69453L
>1966 Mustang Coupe

Peter Caldwell
MGC-GT  , 100-4, '31 MM8 Cammy, Innocenti S,
'52 Champ, '60 L-R 109 SW, 3 '64-73 L-R 88's
nosimport@mailbag.com
Contact for: The Columbia County Bonspiel
        Curling on 13 sheets at 5 clubs in WI
          Feb. 5 - 7 1999