Hard clutch pedal TR4A

To: "Triumphs List" <triumphs@Autox.Team.Net>
Subject: Hard clutch pedal TR4A
From: "Russell Messersmith" <krus@worldnet.att.net>
Date: Tue, 24 Nov 1998 08:48:56 -0600
I hope some one can help me with this question.   I a 1967 TR4A and am
experiencing what I feel is a very hard clutch pedal.  It takes a lot of
pressure to push the pedal to the floor (about 20-30 lbs.). This seems
quite hard to me, it is difficult to get a smooth start and quite
uncomfortable in heavy traffic sitting at stop lights.  The pedal seems to
spring back very hard and fast.  I had a TR3 many years ago and do not
remember the clutch being this way.  This is so bad that my wife can't
drive this car.  I have talked to Moss tech help but they did not have an
answer.  My local British car garage says that is the way it should be(I
bought the car there).  Any suggestions or help would be much appreciated.

Thanks
Russ Messersmith
krus@worldnet.att.net
1967 TR4A CT69453L