Re: TR3 Trivia question

To: Bush4brits@aol.com
Subject: Re: TR3 Trivia question
From: "Brad Kahler" <brad.kahler@141.com>
Date: Tue, 17 Nov 1998 17:44:12 -0600
Cc: triumphs@Autox.Team.Net
Hi Bob,

Geeeeessse, I looked all through that damm book and didn't see that
picture.  Tells you something about my powers of observation doesn't it!
Sure you want to be some of that sheet metal from me now <G>.

After reading the text on the two pages that talk about that picture it
sounds like it was a random thing to have or not have the cut out there.
Makes me feel a little better.  I don't remember noticing on the tub that I've
located whether the cutout was there or not.  Looks like it doesn't really
matter.

Thanks for pointing that out.

> Hi Brad,
> I'm looking on page 20 of Bill Piggot's TR2/3/3A and this is what I see.
> I'm quoting now: "Under-bonnet detail of an early right-hand drive TR2
> shows the blanking plate bolted on the non-steering side of the bulkhead;
> this was removed on left-hand drive cars, of course, to accomodate the
> brake and clutch master cylinder. Many later TR3A's and all TR3B's had no
> blanking plate, so an aperture has to be cut should a left-hand drive
> version be converted to a right-hand drive version today." Although they
> don't give a commission number cutoff, I hope this helps.
>
> Bob Stahlbush

Brad  (Lincoln Nebraska 402-464-1502)
My 1st attempt at a web site. Http://www.141.com/triumphs

1964  Spitfire4            BFC25720L
1973  Spitfire Mk IV       (for sale or trade?)
1962 TR4                   CT288L (To Maine or bust)
1959 TR3A                  TS41311L (someday)
1951 Dodge Truck    82217766  B-3-B-108