Re: TR Racing Transmissions

To: Tony Rhodes <ARhodes@compuserve.com>
Subject: Re: TR Racing Transmissions
From: "Brad Kahler" <brad.kahler@141.com>
Date: Sun, 15 Nov 1998 08:24:16 -0600
Cc: triumphs@Autox.Team.Net
> >Be interesting to see if you can come up with a more detailed history on
> >the car.  I would also like to know how that transmission feels when driving
> >compared to the normal helical gears.

> Well, I am coming up pretty empty on the previous owner/history front. I
> got the name of the owner before the one from whom I bought the car.
> Before that it was in New Jersey, before that for a large part of its life
> it was apparently in Arizona.

Sounds like all the work was done by the person in AZ then.

> The transmission seems just like a regular one, but sounds lie a truck
> transmission!  The ratios seem pretty close and low.  Big speedometer
> error (see other message).

Any chance it sounds like a tranny without oil <G>.

> You know, I just had to get this car to use for that dash I got from you!
> I have a nice burl that I am working on veneering!  It will look great and
> be just right for this new car.

Seems like a hell of a lot of money to spend just for a place to mount a dash,
but then I don't have a whole lot of room to talk on this subject do I !!

Brad  (Lincoln Nebraska 402-464-1502)
My 1st attempt at a web site. Http://www.141.com/triumphs

1964  Spitfire4            BFC25720L
1973  Spitfire Mk IV       (for sale or trade?)
1962 TR4                   CT288L (To Maine or bust)
1959 TR3A                  TS41311L (someday)
1951 Dodge Truck    82217766  B-3-B-108