Re: TR Racing Transmissions

To: "Michael D. Porter" <mdporter@rt66.com>, "INTERNET:triumphs@autox.team.net" <triumphs@Autox.Team.Net>
Subject: Re: TR Racing Transmissions
From: Tony Rhodes <ARhodes@compuserve.com>
Date: Sun, 15 Nov 1998 08:55:32 -0500
Message text written by "Michael D. Porter"
>Cheers, Tony. Good hunting, and I hope you do indeed have spur gears in
there, and not a box of metal marbles. <smile> BTW, spur gears are
pretty unmistakable in sound... a pronounced whine. If you've got
rumbling noises, it's bearings, not gears.
<

Michael,
thanks for the info you sent me.  I will pursue it.  The transmission
does have that pronounced whine.  Does not seem to be marbles.
It is reminiscent of truck or school bus transmissions.  Unfortunately
3rd gear is noisier than the others.  Luckily, I have a spare transmission
lying around (for the last 15 years)  It is not an OD trans, but if push
came to shove,
and noise came to grind and clank, I suppose the gears could be
switched.....

-Tony