Re: shipwrights disease

To: Brad Kahler <brad.kahler@141.com>
Subject: Re: shipwrights disease
From: Malcolm Walker <walker05@camosun.bc.ca>
Date: Tue, 10 Nov 1998 20:21:07 -0800 (PST)
Cc: Triumphs@Autox.Team.Net
On Tue, 10 Nov 1998, Brad Kahler wrote:

> Can someone tell me if there is an antidote for this disease?

Yes, load all your parts up on a trailer and deliver them to me.  Problem
solved :-)

The trick is to ponder how many things *need* to be done, and how many
things *should* be done.  To drive my car I needed to fasten the body back
onto the frame, fix the door striker, hang the fenders on solid metal,
replace the rocker, re-attach the steering wheel, install an exhaust, have
the gas tank fixed, and re-fabricate the footwell.

All those is done now.  I'm on to things I SHOULD do: fix the front
valance, pull the headlight back to the right direction, make the top
weatherproof, plug the holes in the trunk, make the wiring sound, (what
sound does wiring make?), straighten the wheels, align the suspension
(should prob'y rebuild it... but), rebuild carbs, buy Justin Wagner's Most
Excellent Gasket, get a soft top, a paint job, and CAA membership.

Whew.  Maybe I'll go study for my midterm instead.

-Malcolm
* There is a FAQ for this list!  Its temporary home is:
http://www3.bc.sympatico.ca/walker/triumph/trfaq.htm