TR250 Grill differences

To: triumphs@Autox.Team.Net
Subject: TR250 Grill differences
From: CarlSereda@aol.com
Date: Sat, 7 Nov 1998 17:36:02 EST
<<Isn't a TR250 grill identical to a TR4A grill?? I'm new at this 250 stuff.

I *think* they are the same piece of sheet metal, with different
cosmetics:  The TR250 grille has been "detailed" with black paint to hide
the vertical bar(s) in the center and around the lights.>>

They do look like very similar grills... if you look at the Victoria British
1998 SPRING edition TR parts catalog cover - you see a very nice example of
the TR250 grill - if you look at Victoria British 1998 SUMMER edition cover
you see a good TR4A grill. They look like identical grills with quite
different paint jobs except the TR4A grill still seems to have the crank
starting hole through the lower louver (for 4 cylinder engines) whereas the
TR250 definitely does not have the hole in the lower louver (6 cylinder
engine).
Carl
'64 TR4 since '74  and never 'crank started' yet .. although bump started the
car a few times!