DOT 5/Brake servos/Unintended Deceleration

To: Triumph list <triumphs@Autox.Team.Net>
Subject: DOT 5/Brake servos/Unintended Deceleration
From: Tomislav Marincic <TomAndKate@compuserve.com>
Date: Thu, 5 Nov 1998 09:42:54 -0500
        Listerati,

        An interesting note from the Dec/Jan issue
        of British Car (please don't sue me Gary),

        Apparently, "AP Lockheed/Girling" has issued
        a tech bulletin saying that silicone-based DOT 5
        brake fluid should not be used with "remote
        Lockheed brake servos" (do our Girlings count?).
        The fluid seems to cause the air metering valve to
        stick, causing the brakes to fail to release after
        being applied. They are voiding warranties on any
        servo used with DOT 5.

        Best Regards,

        Tom Marincic