TR3 Seat cushion cover

To: Triumphs@Autox.Team.Net
Subject: TR3 Seat cushion cover
From: "Jack I. Brooks" <brooks@belcotech.com>
Date: Tue, 03 Nov 1998 17:48:44
Scions,

I am looking for a single, used TR2-3B seat cushion cover (either side), in
black, in preferable in OK to excellent shape to be used as is.

My diminutive wife (5'2", with long legs and a short body) uses a cushion
on the seat of our TR3 to elevate herself high enough to drive comfortably
and safely.  I recently acquired a seat cushion, complete with the spring,
base, horsehair stuffing and rotten cover (thank you, Henry Frye) which I
plan on building up with some high density foam to provide an extra inch or
two of height to make her driving experience more enjoyable.

Please let me know if you have a suitable cover.  A post 60,00 black
vinylhyde, drivers side cover would be perfect, but any TR2-3B black cover
would work.  (Yes, it may be a little short on the sides, but I think I can
deal with that.  If not, I will have to make a new cover from scratch,
using a cover as a template.)

I know that somewhere out there, there is a concours car owner who still
has their old seatcovers, which were good enough to use, but not good
enough to show.  I am giving you the opportunity to help make an altitude
challenged lady very happy, when she double clutches down hard into a turn,
without having to worry about her seat cushion sliding on the seat.

TIA,

Jack