Chilton's Auto Manual

To: Spitfire Mail List <spitfires@Autox.Team.Net>, Triumphs Mail List <triumphs@Autox.Team.Net>
Subject: Chilton's Auto Manual
From: Joe Curry <spitlist@gte.net>
Date: Sun, 30 Aug 1998 23:38:58 -0700
Today I was rummaging through the archives of my local used book store
and I came across a 1972 printing of Chilton's Foreign Car Repair
Manual.  It covers Austin Healey, Austin America, Mercury Capri, Dodge
Colt, Plymouth Cricket, Datsun, Jaguar, MG, Peugeot, Renault, Suburu,
Toyota, and finally Triumph.

The Triumph models are TR4/4a, TR250, TR6 (to 72), GT6, and Spitfires to
'72.

For $6, I didn't figure I could go wrong.

I got a chance to look through it a little tonight and found (not too
much to my amazement) that they repeated the common error that I have
always seen in the Spitfire Mk1 and 2 Wiring diagrams.  It omits the
floor mounted dimmer switch and shows it in the column switch.  However,
I was able to ascertain that the TR4 Dimmer switch seems to be wired
like the Early Spitfire, so already it's doing some good.

Now perhaps I can have a reference to know more about the things you
guys that have TRxx's are talking about.

Joe Curry
--

 -- Dave Weinbaum in National Enquirer