Troy Alabama - Non LBC

To: "Triumph" <triumphs@Autox.Team.Net>
Subject: Troy Alabama - Non LBC
From: "Bob Danielson" <rdaniels@snet.net>
Date: Sun, 30 Aug 1998 11:05:09 -0400charset="iso-8859-1"
Sorry to bomb the list but I'm hoping someone, in the Troy area, may have a
suggestion or two to help out my daughter in law. My son is in the Air Force
stationed in Okinawa Japan. He's just been accepted into a combination
Masters/ROTC program at the Univ, of Alabama in Troy. He starts in Jan and 2
years later comes out with an MBA and as an officer. The problem is he won't
get there until November but his wife is already in Troy, having left
Okinawa last week. She got a job at the University and had to start right
away. The problem is one of transportation. Evidently Troy is a very small
town with no car dealerships, rental places etc.. Is anyone familiar with
the area and can recommend a good place to buy a car, either new or used?
Any local garages you'd recommend..... etc. If anyone has a spare car (or
knows of one) they'd like to rent for 3 months, let me know. All she needs
is something to get her to the grocery store, around town and back.  For us
the timing couldn't be worse, my wife (teacher) started school last week and
my company went out on strike last week so I'm working 12 hour days 6 days a
week. Normally we'd be able to just go there and help her out.
Again, my apologizes for bombing the list with this but maybe someone could
help us out. Please reply directly to me if you have any suggestions.
Bob Danielson
75 TR6 - status at
http://pages.cthome.net/BobD