HVLP, What its all about....

To: triumphs@Autox.Team.Net
Subject: HVLP, What its all about....
From: NA Campiglia <spitdrvr@camalott.com>
Date: Fri, 28 Aug 1998 18:09:39 -0500
Hello all,
In my opinion an HVLP paint gun is the best of them all, I use one every
day.  I use a BINKS model with dual pressure regualtor, it's hooked to a
rather large compressor but a normal portable unit will work.

HVLP= High VOLUME Low PRESSURE.....

Pressure in to the cup should be set at 35-45 psi, pressure at the spray
tip should be at approx 15-12 psi.  Where this differs from a conventional
spray gun is that the cup is pressurized, this keeps the over spray down
but you will notice a slight splattering effect.  This will flow out nicely
if your paint is mixed to the proper viscosity.  Use a #4 zahn cup to check
the viscosity of a poly enamel if that is what you are using, if not check
with your paint supplier for other methods.

Some states will only allow you to use one of these.....  (Texas, Colorado,
Calif.......)

Hope this helps,

Happy motoring

N.A. Campiglia III