Triumph Bug...

To: <triumphs@Autox.Team.Net>
Subject: Triumph Bug...
From: "Shawn Loseke" <SLoseke@vines.ColoState.EDU>
Date: Thu, 27 Aug 98 15:37:03 -0600
 My first exposure to a Triumph was a Dark Blue '74 TR6 in Cheyenne
Wyoming. My family had just moved into town from a 25,000 acre (mediocre in
size for Wyoming) cattle ranch. The year was 1979 and I was 8 years old. It
was the first true sports car I had ever remembered seeing. Coming from a
ranch, I was more in tune to ranch trucks. Serious, get the job done,
4-Wheel drives. When these things got stuck, it took a D-6 Caterpillar to
unstick them. Anyway, back to Triumphs.

        When I saw this car, I was mesmerized. I swore to myself that I would
own one. The first sports car I did buy was a '73 240Z. I couldn't find a
TR. (I was 16 and didn't know where to look outside of the local paper.) It
began my love affair with inline-6 engines. The Datsun was followed by a
brief stint in a Camaro and then a Volkswagen Rabbit. Until finally, I
found my TR6. A 1972 non-overdrive model. Painted a non-original sea foam
green (surprisingly, it doesn't look too bad. wait for my web page). That
was in 1990. I still own the car. It had some brief periods of storage
whilst I was receiving my higher education and a short job assignment out
of state. It has received the utmost attention since I returned to Fort
Collins (Colorado). My interest in all British motor vehicles has
sky-rocketed. Triumphs of course lead the way. My love for Triumphs began
with the TR6. I have since come to appreciate and develop a fondness for
all the Triumph cars. Including the sedans that were hardly imported to the
states. I would truly love to lay my hands on a 2.5 PI sedan.

Shawn Loseke
1972 TR6 CC80255U