RE: Y2K Compliant ** Non LBC **

To: "Paul Burr" <tigerpb@ids.net>, <triumphs@Autox.Team.Net>
Subject: RE: Y2K Compliant ** Non LBC **
From: "David Moag" <moag@ix.netcom.com>
Date: Wed, 26 Aug 1998 22:30:14 -0700charset="iso-8859-1"
Paul,

The Y2K bug is pretty much entirely a SOFTWARE problem and is independent of
the hardware that the software runs on. I am a software developer, and if I
program 2 digit years for software on the Mac it has the same potential
problems it would with 2 digit years for IBM platform software. If the Mac
community is "claiming" to be Y2K bug-free, it is mostly due to the fact
that there is far less software available, and therefore, less to clean up.

Sorry for leaving the LBC arena - I'll go into the corner again for the rest
of the week.

Dave Moag
77 Spitfire
62 TR3B