Re: TR4 - worn dizzy fix

To: Brian Sanborn <sanborn@net1plus.com>
Subject: Re: TR4 - worn dizzy fix
From: Malcolm Walker <walker05@camosun.bc.ca>
Date: Wed, 26 Aug 1998 19:20:37 -0700 (PDT)
Cc: Triumphs <triumphs@Autox.Team.Net>
On Wed, 26 Aug 1998, Brian Sanborn wrote:

> What are the recommendations... buy a new Mallory distributor.  Rebuild the
> current one.  Or learn how to time the engine correctly

I vote for door #3.  ;-)  Keep the timing gun in the box, these cars are
tuned by feel...

Incidentally, my distributor seems to be quite worn too (I can wiggle the
rotor quite a lot- more than I'd like to be able to)... I'm contemplating
the switch to an electronic ignition- either one of the prefab units
available (Pertronix, Crane) or figure out my own.

-Malcolm
* There is a FAQ for this list!  Its temporary home is:
http://www3.bc.sympatico.ca/walker/triumph/trfaq.htm