Re: TR2/3/4 - Blocking the Bypass: hole or not?

To: "triumph list" <triumphs@Autox.Team.Net>, "Jack I. Brooks" <brooks@belcotech.com>
Subject: Re: TR2/3/4 - Blocking the Bypass: hole or not?
From: "DON BOYD, JOAN IKOMA" <dbji@whidbey.net>
Date: Tue, 25 Aug 1998 00:20:53 -0700
All most all cars have some sort of bypass. Many american cars have water
circulating through the heater core all the time. Most import cars deal
with it with a bypass hose, but there are some  exceptions. Some dont have
anything to circulate the water when warming up, but mostly this is poor
enginering. Some companies anticipate where the hot spots would be and put
aditional material/larger water jackets there. They figure the heads won't
crack until the warantee runs out. ;-)
I think the 1/4 hole in the bypass tube is the right solution. If someone
will send me a defunct Tr 3 bypass cutoff type t-stat, I'll tell the list
if any Volvo / VW ones will work.

Don Boyd
3 Triumphs
BMW/Volvo?VW shop owner (now retired to Whidbey Is. Wa.)(not really,
there's a woman at the bottom of this....)