Spit wiper switch - let't try again

To: <triumphs@Autox.Team.Net>
Subject: Spit wiper switch - let't try again
From: Frank Kucharik <fgk@us.ibm.com>
Date: Mon, 24 Aug 1998 22:18:12 -0400
Don't know what happened last time.  Anyway, through the VTR
maintenance page on wipers (Thanks, Dan!), I found I have a bad
wiper switch on my 75 Spit.    I got the switch out, but don't see any
way to open it up to try to diagnose/repair it.   Neither Victoria British
nor Roadster carry a direct replacement, but VB does carry a
"Wiper Delay Switch", for $44.95.   Does anyone have experience
with this?  Is it direct replacement, with a control for the washers?
Does it contain explicit instructions, especially for  a wiring-idiot
like me?
Frank