Grey Spitfire bumpers, Spit/GT6 valences, tool loans

To: <triumphs@Autox.Team.Net>
Subject: Grey Spitfire bumpers, Spit/GT6 valences, tool loans
From: "Fiona Bayrock" <fbayrock@rapidnet.net>
Date: Mon, 24 Aug 1998 19:07:10 -0700
re: Spitfire bumpers

a member in our club has grey bumpers too, and he maintains that some of
the late Spitfires came that way.  I was skeptical too, but listening to
your story, maybe it is true... Andy Mace - what do you have to add to this
topic?

re: valences in the ingine compartment

I was recently given a catalogue of Herald/Vitesse/Spitfire/GT6 interior
trim from Newton Commercial in England.  In there, they list the engine
valences for Spitfires and GT6s, and these valences appear to have the
metal brackets included.  They also list the fibre glove boxes and anything
else you will find inside the vehicles.  (They also have a finishing kit
for the inside of the trunk/boot for Spitfire 1500s that sound quite nice).
I know nothing of these people, but they seem to say all the right things.
Their e-mail address is newtoncomm@anglianet.co.uk

re: loaning tools

up here in Canada, Canadian Tire has been advertising quite regularly a
tool loaning program they are running.  Basically, if you need to borrow a
tool, go to their tool counter, and they will let you use it.  I'm sure the
details include a deposit and such, but even so, it's one way to get access
to a whole bunch of tools that you need to use only once in a while.

Michael
michael_bayrock@bctransit.com
(and getting out of vacation mode at fbayrock@rapidnet.net )