Re: [spitfire-enthusiast] SPITFIRE: Normal dash light behaviours

To: tomomalley@hey.net, triumphs@Autox.Team.Net, spitfires@Autox.Team.Net
Subject: Re: [spitfire-enthusiast] SPITFIRE: Normal dash light behaviours
From: DANMAS@aol.com
Date: Mon, 24 Aug 1998 21:03:41 EDT
In a message dated 98-08-24 20:47:04 EDT, tomomalley@hey.net writes:

> The diagrams in the Haynes book don't seem to be accurate regarding
>  the federal wiring.  I've found many errors and omissions.
>
>  My 1974 Spit 1500 has a mechanical tach, points ignition *and* the
>  Smith's seatbelt module.  I've found no diagram that matches this car.

Tom,

Sure makes trying to trouble shoot electrical problems a little bit difficult,
doesn't it? Especially when trying to do so by long distance. Oh, well, if it
were easy, where'd be the fun, right?

The wiring diagrams for the '76 TR6s omit about half of the starting circuit -
there're not wrong, there's just no info there! Wires just run out onto the
page and stop.

Dan Masters,
Alcoa, TN

'68 MGBGT---organ donor for the '74