TR3 progress/retreat

To: triumphs@Autox.Team.Net
Subject: TR3 progress/retreat
From: "Coday Family" <coday@localaccess.com>
Date: Sat, 22 Aug 1998 12:00:50 +0000
Comments: Authenticated sender is <Coday@Mail.localaccess.com>
Well, I'm parked and going back up on blocks with my TR3.  The clutch
master  and slave are both leaking, suggestive of seal failure (DOT 3
strikes again?)  I don't know, I have been pouring the DOT 4 through
the brake and clutch systems, flushing and getting new fluid
throughout as this 3 has been parked for a decade or more. And I have
the empty DOT 4 containers and the paint removal in the engine
compartment to prove it wasn't me who put in anything but DOT 4.  Got
all the electrical and lights working, which then apparently caused
the horn to go on holiday?

So today, need to fix the horn, pull the master and slave, hone them
and get them ready for the rebuild kits being shipped by BPC.  Then
going to pack the front bearings and look at the ball joints a bit.

Also planning to pull the seats and carpet back out, put down the
heat/noise pad. Pull the dash and start cleaning up the rats nest of
wiring behind the dash.  Need to figure out why the speedo is reading
0 when the cable is spinning just fine.  Plan to recover the stripped
dash panel before putting it back on.  Carpet and seats go back in
place.

Then I plan to take a lunch break and work on the afternoon plans.

Ready, set, GOOOOOO!

Geezer, Buffy and the twins

59 TR3 TS52320 (It's rough and running)