Book - IN THE SHADOW OF MY FATHER

To: "List, Tiumphs" <triumphs@Autox.Team.Net>
Subject: Book - IN THE SHADOW OF MY FATHER
From: "jonmac" <jonmac@ndirect.co.uk>
Date: Thu, 20 Aug 1998 20:51:25 +0100
Cc: "Andrew Mace" <amace@unix2.nysed.gov>
Friends,
I'm particularly grateful to Andy Mace for posting the reminder on the list
about my book and I hope Mark doesn't get too twitchy about this thread for
purely commercial reasons. In his message Andy said:

>Please get the word out to your local Chapters and Zones about this.
>Deadline for RECEIPT of book orders by either VTR or BCTR is September
>30, 1998. The VTR Book Service will likely purchase a few copies for
>"stock"; however, this book will enjoy only a single print run and likely
will be
>very difficult to obtain later on.

I'd just like to add that it presently looks highly unlikely the book will
go through a further reprint at a later stage - so strictly a one-off.
Additionally, I won't be ordering extra copies myself to keep for
late-comers. FWIW, Paul Richardson rang me today (Editor of Triumph Over
Triumph magazine) and told me he had received many phone calls and letters
about his own stories of life within the company in days of yore. It's
important to make the distinction that Paul's stories and my own humble
offering in the forthcoming book are not about Triumph cars per se. They
are about life in the company on a day to day basis - and it seems this is
one issue that hardly any previous biographer about Standard or Triumph has
adequately covered in the past. Paul and I both believe this is important
to record before all of us are dead!

Thanks Andy for your input.

John Mac

"Life at Triumph" in print - unique pictures and lots more. See info at
http://www.toolbox.ndirect.co.uk/triumphbook
ORDER LINE STAYS OPEN UNTIL SEPTEMBER 30, 1998.
You can order your book through:

CANADA   Bri. Col. Triumph Registry:        michael_bayrock@bctransit.com
NEW ZEALAND   Ashley Southgate:         ashleys@es.co.nz
UK   THE AUTHOR:                                 jonmac@ndirect.co.uk
UK   Club Triumph
UK  Triumph 2000 2500 2.5 Register:      t2000@compuserve.com
UK  Triumph Sports Six Club:                   bernard@tssc-hq.demon.co.uk
USA   Vintage Triumph Register:               HHUMM53@aol.com
The book will NOT be available from shops - only from the Author and Agents