RE: Valve clearances on pushrod engines.

To: "Joe Curry" <spitlist@gte.net>
Subject: RE: Valve clearances on pushrod engines.
From: "Bob Hutton" <bob@calc.com.au>
Date: Thu, 20 Aug 1998 13:52:41 +1000charset="iso-8859-1"
Cc: "triumphs@autox. team. net" <triumphs@Autox.Team.Net>
Joe,

Sorry if I am labouring the point, but if the engine was running OK with
noisy tappets, (adjusted cold and too loose, assuming that noisy means too
loose) and I've now adjusted them hot, to 10 thou., and they're quiet, can
they now be 'too loose'? They must have been very loose with my 'cold'
adjustments. I will have a look and see what they now are, cold. Won't be
able to do that until the weekend though.  Thanks for your patience with
this, Joe.

Regards,
Bob