Re: Tools

To: ArthurK101@aol.com
Subject: Re: Tools
From: Alan Myers <reagntsj@ricochet.net>
Date: Wed, 19 Aug 1998 17:34:39 -0700
Cc: hassan@pharmacy.ab.umd.edu, triumphs@Autox.Team.Net
Most cars are SAE. Also I personnally prefer the sockets and box end
wrenches which have 6 sides (as opposed to those with 12 sides). They
typically fit better and are less likely to round off the corners of a
nut or bolt. There has recently been a long thread about setting up a
shop on the shop.talk discussion group. Everyone agreed to spend a
little more than you can afford and get better quality tools. They'll
last longer and do the work better, in the long run will be more cost
effective.

Alan Myers
San Jose, Calif.
'62 TR4 #CT17602