"trim code" on comm. plate

To: "Triumphs List" <triumphs@Autox.Team.Net>
Subject: "trim code" on comm. plate
From: "Daniel Elder" <Vitesse6@worldnet.att.net>
Date: Tue, 18 Aug 1998 22:06:49 -0400charset="iso-8859-1"
Dear list trivia masters,
I am restoring a '64 Sports 6 convertible. The original commission plate is
in poor cosmetic shape. I ordered a repro from VB. It looks similar in size
and color but is appearantly the new style which came out in '65. It has a
place for paint  code and trim code. I have the BMHT built certificate which
lists the paint as black and interior as red but gives no codes. I have
found that the paint code is 11 but can't find what code corrosponds with
the "Matador Red" interior. Any help with this trim code would be sincerely
appreciated.
Thanks!
Dan Elder
'64 and '65 Sports 6