Re: Squeaky brakes

To: triumphs@Autox.Team.Net
Subject: Re: Squeaky brakes
From: Barry Schwartz <bschwart@pacbell.net>
Date: Tue, 18 Aug 1998 14:30:03 -0700
I tried to send this to the originator, but it was returned-

>My 6 TR is plaged with horribly squeaky breakes. I have R & R'd the brake
>pads and cleaned all the dust and still the same thing. The PO said they
>were all new when I got the car and the disks look fine. So why the sqeak?
>Do I need to invest in a new set of graphite pads?
Ronald,
You didn't mention it, but I thought I'd throw it out there.  Do the brakes
have all four (two each side) anti-squeal plates installed, and if so are
they installed correctly?

72 V6 Spitfire (daily driver)
70 GT6+ (when I don't drive the Spit)
70 Spitfire