Re: admission to list

To: sam <sam@silverquick.com>
Subject: Re: admission to list
From: Malcolm Walker <walker05@camosun.bc.ca>
Date: Tue, 18 Aug 1998 11:40:28 -0700 (PDT)
Cc: triumphs@Autox.Team.Net
On Tue, 18 Aug 1998, sam wrote:

>       Hi there everyone. My name is sam im 18 and ever since i first saw a
> triumph spitfire mark4 in the street (in BRG) ive fallne in love with
> triumphs. At the moment i have a resnoble amount of money together and i
> plan on buying a spit. I will want to use it as an everyday car rather than
> a hidden in the garege treasure. Basically any advice if this is practical
> and what costs are involved.

Check out the stuff on the WWW for further info.  The VTR web site is a
good place to start at http://www.vtr.org.  Also look at Justin Wagner's
link page (main page is http://www.greenheart.com/jmwagner/), it will
point you at all sorts of good ideas.

Before you spend your reasonable amount of money, make sure you're going
to have enough left over to buy incidentals: tires, battery, brakes,
tune-up... budget for them, even if the potential car doesn't need it (it
WILL need something)

>       Also how hard is it to do a decent paint job and what is involved? (im a
> novice so ill be asking lotsa questions no doubt)!

Depends on who you are and the equipment you have.  If you can pick up a
strange tool and figure out how to use it, then painting is no different
than welding, soldering, even cookery.  It takes practice to get good
results, and practice takes a little money and a lot of time.

See if you can get someone to show you how to paint.  It helps having a
"pro" stand beside you and criticize.  Be prepared for excessive
criticism!!

-Malcolm
'62 TR4