Re: KONI Shock Installation - Bulging Top Bushing

To: James <james.carpenter@ukaea.org.uk>
Subject: Re: KONI Shock Installation - Bulging Top Bushing
From: Jerry <lensman@erols.com>
Date: Mon, 17 Aug 1998 22:16:05 -0400
Cc: bharris <harris88@rochester.infi.net>, Alan Myers <reagntsj@ricochet.net>, "triumphs-owner@autox.team.net" <triumphs-owner@Autox.Team.Net>, "triumphs@autox.team.net" <triumphs@Autox.Team.Net>, "spitfires@autox.team.net" <spitfires@Autox.Team.Net>
James,

I with you all the way until you mention clockwise coil spring as both of
the ones I have appear to be the same.  I did find one interesting thing
that PO did.  Apparently he had a real tough time with handling one day and
rode the car into a curb or worse as the sway bar was pushed up into the
frame a little.  The interesting part is that this guy must have destroy the
left hand lower A-arm and replaced it with a right side A-arm.  To boot he
bent the end bushing on the sway to make it fit the left ( actually right
A-arm).  I have ordered a replacement from Rimmer Bros. and should have this
corrected.  I've owned the car for 18 years and never noticed this
phenomenon before.

Jerry  - 1968 GT-6 Mk1