Re: KONI Shock Installation - Bulging Top Bushing

To: Jerry <lensman@erols.com>
Subject: Re: KONI Shock Installation - Bulging Top Bushing
From: Alan Myers <reagntsj@ricochet.net>
Date: Sat, 15 Aug 1998 15:24:37 -0700
Cc: "triumphs-owner@autox.team.net" <triumphs-owner@Autox.Team.Net>, "triumphs@autox.team.net" <triumphs@Autox.Team.Net>, "spitfires@autox.team.net" <spitfires@Autox.Team.Net>
Jerry,

I am assuming you are using rubber bushings. Those are designed to
compress, however if you are reusing old ones, one or the  other or both
may be deformed or hardened. If so, consider a $10-20 upgrade and go get
urethane bushings from your local speed shop. Take one of the rubber
ones that is in relatively original shape along to measure from. A lot
of the standard sizes are easily available. Urethane will last a lot
longer, distort less and your Koni's will work better. It's possible but
a bit more difficult to find urethane for the bottom mount of Koni's
too.

--
MZ