Re: TR4 "Speedometer Cable Path"

To: Michael.Steinbeck@start.de, triumphs@Autox.Team.Net
Subject: Re: TR4 "Speedometer Cable Path"
From: ArthurK101@aol.com
Date: Mon, 17 Aug 1998 12:00:22 EDT
In a message dated 98-08-17 04:50:52 EDT, Michael.Steinbeck@start.de writes:

> I have a question concerning the speedometer cable or better it's path from
>  the gearbox to the speedometer. I replaced the speedometer cable some 7000
>  miles ago and last weekend it broke again (I think due to a "sharp" bend).
>  What is the best path for the cable to avoid it from breaking again? My car
>  is a TR4, LHD, overdrive.
>
>  Michael
>  1962 TR4, CT 17613 LO
>  michael.steinbeck@start.de

Michael,  it is routed up into the engine bay on the driver's side (LHD) of
the
battery.  Then it goes forward and loops back through the firewall and
directly into the speedometer.  You will find that the "loop" in the engine
bay is about 2 or 3 ft. in length.  This, I believe, is to insure that there
are no kinks in the cable run and that it goes straight into the speedometer.
(You might want to tie it to one of the vacuum lines at the apogee of the
curve).
 If I have not explained this clearly, please come back to me.  Cheers.

Art Kelly