Carbs

To: triumphs@Autox.Team.Net
Subject: Carbs
From: ERic Hammer <hammers@pa.net>
Date: Mon, 17 Aug 1998 05:17:29 -0400
This may well be a stupid question, but here goes.  Why don't the Brits list
their Carbs by CFM like the American aftermarket manufactures.  I have a 75
TR6 and would be nterested in a better breathing machine,
but without knowing how many cubic feet of air a minute the set up can
accomidate how does one know what carbs to use?  Just at the Roadster
Factory Summer Party and saw a ton of really nice looking TR6s, many with
Weber and triple SUs.  The 3X1.75 SUs look nice, but could it be possible
that the car 50% more gas?  Would 3X1.50 be more appropriate?  From the 2"
thread it does sound like a hotter cam and 2X2" might be a good combination
(using the stock intake manafold?).

I'm not really having any problems with the engine so I'm reluctnt to pull
the head and shave it for higher compression do a valve job etc.  What are
some good sources on "hot rodding" this engine?  I hope that this made some
sence.
Steve Hammer