Spitfire: Sagging doors

To: Spitfires <spitfires@Autox.Team.Net>, Spit Enthusiast <spitfire-enthusiast@makelist.com>, Triumphs <triumphs@Autox.Team.Net>, British Cars <british-cars@Autox.Team.Net>
Subject: Spitfire: Sagging doors
From: "Victor B. Michael" <vmichael@tibco.com>
Date: Mon, 17 Aug 1998 10:45:15 -0500
Hi Lists,

I've been noticing over time, since I've owned my Spit, that the doors
seem to be creeping down on the outside end. I've checked the mounting
areas for the doors and they are tight. I have a feeling that driving
the poor thing on the PITiful city streets of Chicago, lends to a
'settling' (hopefully not distorting) of the tub, etc.

Any recommendations; why it's happening, what to do about it, how to
prevent it from sagging further?

TIA
--
Regards,

Vic

Victor Michael                 |       vmichael@tibco.com
Systems Engineer               |     Voice (312) 214-2327
TIBCO Finance Technology Inc.  |     Pager (800) 759-8888
CTS, Chicago                   |             Pin# 1583904
'77 Spitfire (fm62959u) http://www.enteract.com/~vmichael