GT6 mk3 Bootseal ?

To: Triumph List <triumphs@Autox.Team.Net>
Subject: GT6 mk3 Bootseal ?
From: Neil Sampson 01276 693068 <neil.sampson@gecm.com>
Date: Mon, 17 Aug 1998 11:42:59 +0100 (BST)
Autoforwarded: false
Disclose-recipients: prohibited
Hop-count: 2
Ua-content-id: 11C88AEA3900
X400-mts-identifier: [;6359421117081998/A00475/EBWDMS]
Hi there,

As a result of excess water collecting in the bootlid of my GT6, I
decided to replace the bootseal, ordered the part from Rimmer Bros -
can't remember the cat no but it definitely was the standard GT6 seal.
 It arrived and I attempted to fit it to the car - it looked pretty
good and was just the right length.  Go to shut the boot and it is way
out, there is no way my boot will close with that seal on !  So I've
temporarily fitted the old seal back on.  The old seal is very very
similar, although the rounded tube-like bit at the top is much smaller
in diameter than the 'proper' seal from R.B.  I've sent a small sample
of the old seal back to Rimmer Bros and they have no other seal which
is the same.

I've got no idea of where to get a replacement seal which might fit.
Is there any possible way to adjust the way the boothangs, so as it
sits on the 'proper' seal correctly ?

Any ideas, similar experiences anyone ?

Neil
73 GT mk3

PS - went to my first classic car show yesterday at Rushmore Arena
near Farnborough (UK).  Originally went just to nose around, but the
car park attendant told me to park up in the main arena with the
others ! - I'm very shy !  Still, a smashing red TR7 parked next to
me, with lots of enveyous glances from both parties !