Re: TR? floor panels (let's add rocker panels, too)

To: Lftlesl@aol.com
Subject: Re: TR? floor panels (let's add rocker panels, too)
From: Malcolm Walker <walker05@camosun.bc.ca>
Date: Sat, 15 Aug 1998 15:56:27 -0700 (PDT)
Cc: The Usual Suspects <triumphs@Autox.Team.Net>
On Sat, 15 Aug 1998 Lftlesl@aol.com wrote:

> I am replacing rockers and floors in my TR3 now (well, not exactly now,
> because the bathrooms have to be refurbished before I can work on the car). I
> have the old stuff off. I left the body on the chassis while I replace the
> rocker panels and floors to mke sure nothing would warp. I plan to rivet them
> in place, check to make sure the doors fit all right, and then weld it all
> together. Don't know if it's the right procedure, but I figure it should work
> OK.

You may want to try to find some Clecos to use instead if rivets.
Basically a Cleco is a removeable pop-rivet.  Not sure how much they cost
(think expensive- there's quite a bit of little mechanisms inside one),
and you need an extra tool to install / remove them.  But it's quicker to
adjust panels using such tools.

Myself I have an arsenal of Vice-grips (4 to 10") and C-clamps to use.

-Malcolm