Re: TR? floor panels (let's add rocker panels, too)

To: Jim Burke <burke@quality.qadas.com>
Subject: Re: TR? floor panels (let's add rocker panels, too)
From: Alan Myers <reagntsj@ricochet.net>
Date: Sat, 15 Aug 1998 12:34:06 -0700
Cc: triumphs@Autox.Team.Net
Jim, what model car? It's a pretty common problem on many TR's.

Replacement panels for many models are available from Moss or Brit Vic.

I haven't personally installed them but will be replacing the LH one on
my TR4 when I get done with the mechanicals & start on the body. Let's
get some advice from the other listers, but it looks like simply cutting
out the old panel and cleaning up the weld points, then welding the new
one in. It should be easier when I have the body tub off the frame. But
looks like it can be done on frame, with extra caution  around brake
lines, fuel lines, etc. Oh and a good coat of paint over everything of
course.

Others on the list (Malcolm) have replaced with other types of panels. I
don't know how well the repro floor panels fit, other repro parts seem
less than perfect. I'd be interested in hearing from the list. (metal
rocker panels, too.... currently my TR4 has poorly fitted fibreglass
w/no anchor point for the rubber door seal)

As an alternative, fly Malcolm "the Torch" in from B.C. and have him
weld it up for you, after he's healed from his recent encounter.

Correction: following the aeronautical string of the group, I recently
referred to the good fortune of a flight on a reastored 1938 Lufthansa
airplane... it was late, I got the model wrong. It was a Junkers JU52,
call letters D-AQUI. Thanx to the lister from Germany for helping my
memory (the 2nd thing to "go"). mea culpa

Alan Myers
San Jose, Calif.
'62 TR4 #CT17602

--