Re: Fly-by's (how did we get on THIS subject)

To: triumphs@Autox.Team.Net
Subject: Re: Fly-by's (how did we get on THIS subject)
From: Gerhard.Wiederholl@t-online.de (Gerhard Wiederholl)
Date: Sat, 15 Aug 1998 12:52:08 +0200
Alan Myers schrieb:

> A few years ago, Lufthansa airlines was touring around the US with a
> fully restored 1938 or '39 Fokker Tri-Motor. Maybe we can get them to
> enter it in one of the TR events (Tri-Motor... Triumph, close enough).
> It's one of their early passenger planes (17 seats), was used as a troop
> hauler in WWII, then went to S. America for a few years as a passenger
> plane, finally was purchased back & restored in 1995 or so.

Not that it would be very important, but I´m rather sure you saw the Lufthansa
history plane, a Junkers Ju 52. This plane has now American P&W engines in it
because delivery of parts for the original BMW engines has stopped a long time
ago. Just a few weeks ago I saw it flying right over my house. Very impressive.

Gerhard Wiederholl