Last Spitfire - 5 or 4 speed?

To: <w.davies@virgin.net>
Subject: Last Spitfire - 5 or 4 speed?
From: "jonmac" <jonmac@ndirect.co.uk>
Date: Fri, 14 Aug 1998 22:04:30 +0100
Cc: "List, Tiumphs" <triumphs@Autox.Team.Net>
On Aug 13, Bill Davies wrote:
> I believe the last Spitfire off the line is held by the British Motor
> Heritage Museum here in the UK. Perhaps John Macartney could take a
> look and let us know???

With pleasure, Bill. I've seen these threads but have been in thumb
twiddling mode and reluctant to put in my $0.02's worth. Car in question is
alleged to be the very last one - so I suppose it must be. It's a mustard
yellow (can't remember colour name) hardtop with 1800 miles total on the
speedo. I'm pretty sure it's a 4 speeder but I'll have a look tomorrow and
post my findings to the list. Got a sneaking suspicion it's got overdrive
too, or is that the very last Dolomite, also in the museum?

John Mac