Weber V. Stromberg

Subject: Weber V. Stromberg
From: "Ronald A. Dowty" <rdowty@wans.net>
Date: Fri, 14 Aug 1998 17:37:00 -0500charset="iso-8859-1"
I am rebuilding a 70 TR 6 and can't decide which set of carbs to use. I
already have both so cost isn't an issue other than there are three Webers
to rebuild. Being stock isn't a concearn becuase this car is basically
rescued from scrap and will have so many body panels and other parts
replaced with stock or better that it won't be an issue. My question is what
are the pluses and minuses of the two. It seems to be a little easier to get
parts for the Strombergs but the how do they compair to the triple Webers?
Are the Webers going to perform much better? Will they be impossible to
tune?