RE: spitfire ignition timing

To: "'Barry Schwartz'" <bschwart@pacbell.net>, trunnell@mindspring.com
Subject: RE: spitfire ignition timing
From: "Bowley, Glenn (GCICT)" <glenn.bowley@gerbercoburn.com>
Date: Fri, 14 Aug 1998 10:09:26 -0400
Cc: triumphs@Autox.Team.Net, spitfires@Autox.Team.Net
I'm going to disagree with you on the retard part. Why then if I set my
timing to 2 ATDC without the vacuum line connected, and then reconnect
it (I've done this with the timing light on) does my timing jump to 10
BTDC? Sounds more like an advance than a retard unit.
BTW: This car does not have the electronic ignition on it, Removed by
PO.