Re: the airplane thread

To: triumphs@Autox.Team.Net
Subject: Re: the airplane thread
From: "John T. Nichols" <jtnichol@m4.sprynet.com>
Date: Thu, 13 Aug 1998 18:48:13 -0400
Cliff,

My house is a few miles from the local airport. As I was sitting on my
sun deck reading the paper a few years ago I heard the unmistakable
sound of multiple radial engines coming in low and slow over my house. I
looked up to see a B-29 on its descent into the airport. As I thought
"Wow, did I really see and hear that?", I heard a similar sound from the
same direction and here came a B-24 right over the house. As I
discovered, as I fired up the TVR and went out to the airport, the
Confederate Air Force had arrived for an air show that same weekend.
Nothing like the sound of "round engines" to raise the hairs on the back
of the neck-truly a glorious noise. At the air show I just had to stand
in the prop wash of a B-17 as it taxied out for a fly-by with a P-51 and
a B-25-marvelous stuff.

John T. Nichols
'58 TR3A TS32093L 'O'
'86 TVR 280i