re: TR6 Stuck Heads

Subject: re: TR6 Stuck Heads
From: "Shawn Loseke" <SLoseke@vines.ColoState.EDU>
Date: Thu, 13 Aug 98 16:12:24 -0600

        This is really quite simple. Pull your spark plugs out and hook up a
wrench to the crank pulley. Make sure you car is in neutral and secured
from rolling. Feed some nylon rope into one of the middle cylinders(#3 or
#4) through the spark plug hole. Now turn your engine via the wrench that
you have placed on the crank pulley. As the cylinder that you fed the rope
to makes it's compression stroke, it will lift the head away from the
block. The rope won't damage anything inside the cylinder either. Of course,
 I'm assuming that you have the manifolds(intake and exhaust), the
waterpump and all of the nuts off of the studs.
        If others on the list haven't tried this, it saves a whole lot of time
and frustration when trying to pull the head.

Shawn J. Loseke
1972 TR6 CC80255U
Original Text
From: "Ronald A. Dowty" <rdowty@wans.net>, on 8/13/98 3:41 PM:
I can't get the $%^* heads off of my engine. I am basically new and would
be
prone to stupid mistakes. Is there something I can do to make this thing
come off easier? Am I missing something somewhere maybe?