Re: Aeroplane Stuff

To: Martin Libhart <mlibhart@feist.com>
Subject: Re: Aeroplane Stuff
From: Chris DeStaffany <sjmeds@rockisland.com>
Date: Thu, 13 Aug 1998 08:56:31 -0700
Cc: triumphs@Autox.Team.Net
Fopr expo 86 in Vancouver, Canada  there was a get together of about 50
DC-3s.  On the last day of their get together they did a fly buy of the
cities in the area.  Our little town of Friday Harbor is on an island in
between Canada and the rest of the US and certainly not on any scheduled fly
over route.  So there we were, one sunny afternoon, the entire town standing
on the street corners gaping skyward in disbelief, watching DC-3s fly past
for close to half and hour.  I have been told that there will probably never
be a get together of those aircraft again.

At 10:21 AM 8/13/98 -0500, you wrote:

>Bud Rolofson wrote:
>
>> When DIA (Denver International Airport) opened a few years ago they had a big
>> airshow before the grand opening and United did a flyover with a 737, a
747, and
>> a 757 in formation.  Certainly not something I ever expect to see again.
>
>Speaking of things we'll never see again...when We were at Oshkosh 2 years
ago, they
>had an incredible formation flight by a WWII Hellcat and an F14 Tomcat.
What an