Re: tr6 slave cylinder

To: Martin Libhart <mlibhart@feist.com>
Subject: Re: tr6 slave cylinder
From: Allen Nugent <A.Nugent@unsw.edu.au>
Date: Thu, 13 Aug 1998 11:43:05 +1000 (EST)
Cc: triumphs@Autox.Team.Net
Martin,

At 08:49 12/08/98 -0500, you wrote:

>Interestingly, the Clymer books even show a photo of the slave with such a
>spring
>in place.  Whether original or not, many have done this to keep the release
>bearing fork "withdrawn" enough to be sure the release bearing isn't constantly
>riding on the clutch cover plate, thereby causing unecessary wear to the
>bearing.

My TR7 has this spring, as well. (Maybe it's the same slave cylinder?)

The last time I rebuilt the clutch hydraulics, I found this spring was
broken, and had to get a replacement from a clutch & brake shop (no part no.
in Triumph books).

Allen Nugent
Graduate School of Biomedical Engineering
University of New South Wales
Sydney  2052  Australia