Injection Sorted

To: "triumph list" <triumphs@Autox.Team.Net>
Subject: Injection Sorted
From: "David Hill" <David_J_Hill@email.msn.com>
Date: Mon, 10 Aug 1998 20:58:52 +0100
Hi, All,

I know I'm tempting fate here but I think I've sorted out my PI system. (The
car is out of earshot).

I took the injectors apart (again) and found no fuel in #1-yes, it was
jammed open with a piece of rubber seal. Fitted new core O-rings, started up
and it was as bad as ever.

Pulled out the plugs and found all but one were the correct, coffee-brown
colour. Plug #4 was still black. So, pulled out #4 injector (again). No fuel
in it so it had (a) not primed or (b) was stuck shut.

Blew out the injector with my compressor-it opened and no muck came out so I
refitted the injector. Before finally tightening up the fuel feed line, I
turned on the ignition and briefly undid the union-it said "hiss". Started
the car and it ran like a dream and has done ever since.

All that is wrong now is a tendency for the motor to 'pink' a little under
abusive acceleration in the higher gears. The incidence of this is minimal
but I'm going to leave it until I've replaced the metering unit seals which
are the most likely source of the odd shard of rubber coming through the
system. When I do this job, I'll vacuum calibrate the unit as per Egil's
instructions.

Thanks to all who have helped me arrive at this happy situation.

Dave Hill, UK.