Re: lever shocks

To: "triumph list" <triumphs@Autox.Team.Net>, "jonmac" <jonmac@ndirect.co.uk>
Subject: Re: lever shocks
From: "DON BOYD, JOAN IKOMA" <dbji@whidbey.net>
Date: Sun, 9 Aug 1998 23:47:38 -0700
jonmac;
        Nicely put. Within the limits of the interests of the list I agree.
        We in the USA (of a certian age who grew up in the late 60s through all
the 70s)
formed a view of British enginering based solely on the automotive products
sent at that time. We all know that wasn't very good. US cars were pathetic
at that time also, but "we" had lots of other well made US products to look
at and say "well ,not everything is down the tubes" . Not so with British
made stuff though. The best of British  product and enginering has always
been SUPERB , as has US stuff. We just didn't see much of it.(Or at least
at our young age we couldn't afford it, which amounted to the same thing) I
started my automotive life with a 69 spitfire and loved that car . Still
do. Still have it.It was my daily driver for years.
        Then I discovered BMW 2002 tii .  Oh well; sometimes we are led
astray.....
Don Boyd
69 TR6,spit racer
61 TR3