Fergie tractors

To: "List, Tiumphs" <triumphs@Autox.Team.Net>
Subject: Fergie tractors
From: "jonmac" <jonmac@ndirect.co.uk>
Date: Sun, 9 Aug 1998 20:54:03 +0100
Yeah - I know its not Triumphs but post war, they were made by the same
company and those of you with TR's up to the 4A use the same engine.
However, the earliest Fergie used a Continental engine and we gotta parts
problem over here in the mother country. A chum of mine has a tractor with
one of these lumps and he's a bit anxious to do an oil change. He thinks
twenty years is rather a long time to go before doing a filter swap.
But - can't get a filter, see?
I understand the filter (a cartridge) was accessed by removing a plate in
the sump to which the filter was either attached - OR you stuffed yer 'and
up inside and withdrew the dirty one.
Rumour has it, these were supplied in boxes of three. Any chance of
locating a supplier - price, name, address, fax # etc

Thank 'ee muchly me dears

John Macartney

"Life at Triumph" in print - unique pictures and lots more. See info at
http://www.toolbox.ndirect.co.uk/triumphbook
ORDER LINE STAYS OPEN UNTIL SEPTEMBER 30, 1998.
You can order your book through:

CANADA   Bri. Col. Triumph Registry:        michael_bayrock@bctransit.com
NEW ZEALAND   Ashley Southgate:         ashleys@es.co.nz
UK   THE AUTHOR:                                 jonmac@ndirect.co.uk
UK   Club Triumph
UK  Triumph 2000 2500 2.5 Register:      t2000@compuserve.com
UK  Triumph Sports Six Club:                   bernard@tssc-hq.demon.co.uk
USA   Vintage Triumph Register:               HHUMM53@aol.com
The book will NOT be available from shops - only from the Author and Agents