SPDT Relay sources

To: mxgo@ix.netcom.com, triumphs@Autox.Team.Net
Subject: SPDT Relay sources
From: DANMAS@aol.com
Date: Fri, 7 Aug 1998 23:54:29 EDT
In a message dated 98-08-07 20:16:40 EDT, mxgo@ix.netcom.com writes:

>  It appears that I have a 5 position ignition switch
>  and the I need the 6 position switch to run the anti-dieseling valve (or a
>  SPDT relay which I have looked for at two Radio Shacks without success).

Martin,

You won't find a SPDT relay, of the type for use in an automobile, at any
Radio Shack, nor at most auto parts stores. These are relatively rare. You can
buy them from the following sources:

British Wiring
20449 Ithaca Road
Olympia Fields, IL 60461
708-481-9050

Ask for part number 820

Ron Francis Wire Works
167 Keystone Road
Chester, PA 19013
800-292-1940

Ask for part number HR-3

The relays will cost you about $10.00 from these sources. They are available
from other sources, sometimes at a lower price, but I don't have addresses and
part numbers for them.

When you get the relays, check them to be sure they are of the right type, as
the SPST relays often get mixed up with these in the bins. I have had pretty
good luck with these two vendors, and not so good luck with some others. If
you need help for checking them, let me know and I will send you a JPG with
the details.

Dan Masters,
Alcoa, TN

'68 MGBGT---organ donor for the '74